The big time cable and internet provider launched their own cell service in April 2017. Their service will compete with other mobile virtual network operators (MVNO) like Project Fi and Republic Wireless. I’ve happened to been using MVNO’s since 2010, switching from simple mobile to Project fi.
I main idea of these services is to give the consumer the relief from long-term contracts, but keep low-cost plans while having access to the best smartphones.
- $12/GB a month
- Free nationwide call and text with your data plan
- $45 unlimited data if you subscribe before July 31, 2017, for 24 months after that $65 a month
- No BYOD
- Option to buy the phone at full price or finance for 24 months at 0% APR
- The Latest Apple and Samsung smartphones
- $10/GB a month
- $20 national & international call and text
- Only can be used with select Google phones
- Reimbursement for data you do not use every month
- $30/GB a month with unlimited data
- Select Phones available
Based on this pricing Republic Wireless still, offers the least expensive plan, but Xfinity Mobile is the only provider that gives you access to the latest smartphone on the market. If you are one of those people who need to have the latest iPhone or Samsung phone, Xfinity might be the way to go. It is a way better deal than Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T.