Meta, the parent company of Facebook and Instagram, has launched a new text-based social media app called Threads. The app is designed to be a more personal and intimate way for users to connect with friends and family. In just 5 days the app has gained 100 million users.
Threads is integrated with Instagram, so users can easily share their Stories and posts from Threads to their Instagram feed. However, Threads also has some unique features, such as the ability to create “close friends” lists and send disappearing messages. It is also hard to not notice it looks and feels a lot like Twitter.
Threads are currently available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Ireland. The app is free to download and use.
Here are some of the features of Threads:
- Close friends lists: Users can create lists of their closest friends and share Stories and posts with them exclusively.
- Disappearing messages: Users can send messages that disappear after they have been read.
- Location sharing: Users can share their location with their close friends.
- Sticker packs: Users can create and share custom sticker packs.
- Threads Stories: Users can share Stories that are only visible to their close friends.